How to Clean Glass
Learn how to clean inside or outside glass windows using the simple guides below:
- Get everything you´ll need to clean the glass windows
- Fill a bucket with warm water and add a small amount of any detergent
- Remove any windscreens that are hanging against the windows. Why clean the screens? You'll remove some of the dust that the next rainstorm will knock onto your windows. You'll also get rid of that stale window screen smell. To clean them:
- Lift them out of their tracks and rub them together under a running hose
- Rub them very gently with a rag or window wand.
- Remove any excess dirt or dust from the outside windows with a garden hose. Rinse one window at a time, so that water spots don't dry on the windows.
Clean the window frames thoroughly with a soaked sponge.
Immerse your sponge in the bucket filled with water and you can start cleaning your windows following the example method below:
- Start cleaning the window from the upper-left corner and drag the sponge straight down. Use a chamois or a dry rag to remove any excess water from the squeegee and start cleaning the next line until you reach the right side of the window.
- Don't forget to dry your squeegee with a chamois or dry rag after each stroke you've made. Otherwise, you will have visible lines on the window pane.
- Dry the windows with dry cloth
If the windows you want to clean are the inside ones beyond the guide above i just to recommend you to lay a towel or some dry cloth to absorb the water that will fall in the floor.